Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC

*
Finally made it back from DC and Virginia! Had a wonderful time just over a week.
Didn't get much time online in DC because I ran myself ragged all day then was exhausted at night.
In Virginia I was in the mountains and didn't get cell or internet for the most part.

The Nightly News Withdrawal was hard at first then settled down after a bit.
Symptoms included: twitching, trying to read papers over people's shoulders on the Metro, mumbling to oneself over headlines and trying to watch internet news late at night when it was possible but falling asleep soon as I sat still or lay down.

Now I'm still playing catch up, a lot happens in just over a week... locally and nationally.

On Friday in DC I walked the whole memorial pathway taking my time and most of the day.


The walk is reasonably long but there are plenty places to sit and rest along the way.
The Cherry Blossom Festival started the next day and the blossoms were opening all over and very pretty!
I chose to walk along the water's edge as much as I could there were higher paths too.

First stop was the Jefferson Memorial on a gorgeous day.





I have a lot of photos that I'll try to upload over the next few days.
I want to do the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial separately and with the care it deserves.

Glad to be back though I love to travel... wish I could do more.

G'night,

Laura
*

No comments: