Saturday, March 28, 2009

Washington DC day two of the adventure

*
Was exhausted last night so I didn't get to post anything about trip but boy did I walk around DC.
Went to the National Museum of Natural History and walked around and walked the whole trip around to all the monuments, Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, Vietnam War Memorial, Korean and WW I and II memorials.
I took the long walk and sat along the way just enjoying the water and gorgeous views you can't get by bus when you only stop at each thing but don't wander around enough.

The Vietnam War Memorial is so amazing and moving I will do a complete post on it when I return home in order to do it justice...

The spider is a sculpture by the Natural History Museum next to where I stopped to get a soda I was so parched from walking.
I thought it was kinda interesting.






Tomorrow I'm off to the Newseum with Collin.

Watched an IMAX movie today that was called Deep Sea 3D. It was outrageous. Jellyfish, coral reefs, seaweed, water, sharks, starfish, whales and schools of fish came right out to you in great detail. If you get a chance to see something like that do it!!! Really awesome experience. (yes, I realize I said awesome)

Well, feet hurt and I'm going to go to bed now really could use some sleep.

G'night

Laura

*

No comments: