Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Forty-two days till E-day

*

So the opinions on the economic bailout are all over the place...
Obama and McCain are both flexing and jockeying for power...
Bitching each other out.

Congress is flittering all about.
Stock market is bumpy to say the least.

Should we bail them out, shouldn't we bail them out?
And what of the AIG bailout? Done the deed, so now what's up?

Palin visits the United Nations, does photo op for a few seconds.
Tries to ban anything but camera without sound or producer, then changes her pretty mind under mild threat from press.
Is it Palin that's handing out the kid gloves or the press coming in wearing them?
And we get to see glossies of the pitbull wearing lipstick (her words not mine) sitting across from a foreign leader like
it means something in the real world. (Is the whole world snickering at us yet?)

Palin meets a few foreign leaders she never thought about before and gains foreign policy and diplomacy experience.
If only I knew that this concept of "absorbing" knowledge through osmosis had legitimacy...
I could have saved myself so much time, effort and borrowed money spent on actually working hard on my Master's Degree.

I would have simply "met" a few professors at NYU and hung out with some MSW's at lunch time, thus allowing me to claim I had experience because "met people" and I could see the social work building at NYU from Washington Square.
I could call myself a social worker apparently and... Poof! I'm now an expert ready for anything... any problem at all.
Forget that naggy old specialty training.

Oh yea, I'm also a published writer since I have a blog...

Have to go tonight,
Very tired, busy tomorrow and I do have a family that occasionally actually needs me.
Imagine that.

G'night,

Laura

*

No comments: