Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day One: US Capitol and the Botanical Gardens…



Day one of the adventure: Thursday.
Rainy but surprisingly warm day in DC spent today getting used to the Metro again and wandering the Capitol and Botanical Gardens.
I have to say that the DC Metro is much cleaner than NYC’s Subways but the stairs up can be killers since the escalators don’t always work and my knees don’t like that many stairs.
Today I had the interesting experience of being half way up on a long escalator when it quit. Weird sensation.

I always go to the Botanical Gardens whenever I get to DC.
If I lived here I would go there all the time to sit and write or read.
Humans are around so much man-made things all the time we forget that we really are part of a much larger ecosystem. Humbling and peaceful.
My son cooked me dinner of Lemon/garlic chicken breasts.

Well, off to bed, busy day tomorrow.
G’night,
Laura














No comments: