Sunday, February 8, 2009

And on the seventh day she rests...

*
I know Sunday is supposed to be the traditional day of rest but I take Saturday if I can.
I mean that I take a day of rest from the news.
Well, I do watch some news on Saturdays especially if something is going on but I keep it to a minimum otherwise.
Sunday has "Meet the Press," "Hardball," "This Week," and "Face the Nation" to start with...

So on this day of rest I clean or go shopping, write, read or some other pastime.
Okay so maybe rest is a misnomer...
Today it was Lasagna dinner, and movie with son #2 along with two of his friends.
We saw "Taken." Really enjoyed it too.
I've said before that I love action adventure movies and this was a good one.
Liam Neeson was great, the dialog was all right and it kept fairly suspenseful all the way through.

If you don't like action, violence, car chases, things shattering, guns, things blowing up, etc.- you won't like it.
Needless to say I loved it. Oh sure it was a little unrealistic but I really liked it, then again I loved "Live Free or Die Hard" so don't take my word for it. I do know what I like anyway.

We were lucky it wasn't a really long movie and that I have a new battery in my car because we were running late and I left my headlights on low the whole show. Which is odd because I never leave my headlights on. Oh well. Turned out fine.
We walked in only a minute after the show started and nothing happened early in the movie it was all mostly set up.

Want to see "Push" next and eventually "Star Trek" (of course), "Land of the Lost," and maybe "Inkheart." I've all ready seen "Underworld: rise of the Lycans" not a surprise right? lol.

So g'night,
I'm just finishing up Cross Country by James Patterson and I believe it's technically Sunday now.

Laura

*

No comments: