Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sarah Main Street and Joe the Six Pack just won't go away.

*

When McCain chose Sarah Palin for his running mate and then ultimately they lost the election, many gave a sigh of relief.
I didn't. I kept saying she's not going to go away, the conservative right will co-opt the republicans again, they will run Palin again. We haven't seen the last of her.

No I was told, let them run her, we'd love that, let them run her again, the democrats will easily win again if they do.
The Republican party must change with the times in order to win and they don't want to.

However, I disagree. Although Obama won by approximately 10,000,000 votes in the popular vote, which does seem like a lot for a presidential election and he slammed them in electoral votes 365 to 173, a damn strong showing, there is one thing everyone keeps forgetting. The race in many of the states was close, very close. They could have swung a different way and then the results would have been quite different.

Remember that Al Gore won the popular vote, not by a lot, but he did indeed win it. He lost the electoral vote 266 to 271.

Many states though they mostly vote red or blue aren't really that big a majority... they are close in elections.
2012 will be a bloodbath if we're not careful. If you thought 2008 was divisive and nasty just wait.
We're seeing the differences in politics now in this fight over the stimulus plan.
Anyone else have the sensation of drowning in the sea while the powers that be fight over the life savers on the deck where we aren't allowed? Bipartisanship my ass foot.

Yes, I thought Obama was naive thinking he could get a thoughtful majority of republicans, but I was hoping I was wrong.
I wasn't. Which by the way makes me feel like crap, I wanted to be wrong.

And what do you think of the first "African-American" RNC chairman?
Remember when the news folk were babbling about how Obama might not be black enough to get the black vote out for him?
Or that he could be too black for the white folk?
Well the republican party found Mr. Michael Steele... Yes, they could use a token black leader at this point in time (yes, I'm cynical) but where did they find him? Good God even Sean Hannity seems to like him.
He sounds more like Bush and Cheney than McCain did which I find disturbing.
The more I read about him and listen to him the more I realize moderate republicans either don't exist or are letting this conservative, hard line, right wing people speak for them.

Steele compared stem cell research to Nazi experiments during the Holocaust. Are you GD serious?
Sigh, yes, I'm afraid they are.
So dig in and enjoy the downslide, I'm afraid it might be closer than any of them care.
Sick of all the politics as usual. They both regularly blow it and are steeped in pure unadulterated hypocrisy.

Grab a shovel folks it's really starting to stink and we're mostly on our own...
Do I qualify for money if I'm the CEO of my household?
Yea, didn't think so...

G'night,

Laura

*

No comments: