Thursday, January 15, 2009

Five days left and GW gives his formal BuhBye...

*

Obama gets his 350 billion relaeased from TARP. And floats the $825 billion stimulus plan… Whew. Don’t know what to think about the economic package yet, it’s beyond my scope of “do we have any money left for gas?” life.

Was watching the rescue of the 155 people onboard the US Airways plane just after take off from La Guardia Airport in New York. They saved them all. Seems that the accident was caused by a flock of birds just after takeoff forcing an unexpected landing into the Hudson River. Scary. One thing I never want to hear in my lifetime is the pilot saying over the speaker “We’re going down Brace for impact.” Oldest son came home and went back over the holidays to DC on a similar flight in and out of La Guardia. Amazing landing and thanks to all those boats that helped out. Please give the pilot a key to the city or something.

Perhaps a lukewarm welcome to Senator Roland Burris from Illinois, but confirmation nonetheless. Took longer than I expected it to.

George W Bush gave his formal BuhBye speech, have nothing to say about that at the moment but “thank you.”

Is waterboarding torture? You betcha. No real way around it. We have condemned it in the past towards others, so if we don’t prosecute people here for engaging in it, what does that say about us I wonder?

I read somewhere I don’t remember now where at the moment that Christopher Hitchens (the journalist) volunteered to undergo Waterboarding himself. He stated his belief that it was clearly torture. It will be interesting to see what the new administration thinks about waterboarding, illegal wiretapping et al…

But clearly the best news of all is the Spiderman/Obama inauguration comic book issue is ready to go and I shall have one. Okay so admittedly it’s only great news to me but then I love comics to begin with. Anyway here’s the cover:



G'night,
Have a pleasant tomorrow.

Laura

*

No comments: