Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nineteen days left of the really lame, lame duck president and a Happy New Year!

*

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Hope this year is a good one. Let's hope for better times.

The senate democrats don't want to seat Burris because of Blago.
What a dilemma. Wish they were handling it with appropriate diplomacy but as it typical it's just a mess.
No we won't... yes, you will... No you can't... Yes, we will... Look at the other senators folks this is such a joke.
Congress acting like spoiled children that need to get their way. Now there's a surprise right?
However this all plays out, it just adds to the three ring circus atmosphere that surrounds our elected public officials.
Nothing so far is making me trust them anymore than I did before.

And isn't it particularly special that Madoff can afford 10 million dollars bail using security from his homes.
Yea, homes in the plural.
Getting kinda tired of people with more homes than they can remember to count.
Amazing how things seem to work.
Wonder what he did with the money, where it's stashed away?
Here's a toast to hoping that all his assets and accounts are frozen. I'm pretty sure if I scammed folk even with my meager worth that mine would be right away and I'd still be sitting in jail unable to post any real amount of bail.
We're buried in student loans, mortgage, house bills, running a home and trying to keep up with family obligations.
But we keep paying and cutting back on many things. Like Christmas gifts.
Like keeping the thermostat down low... wonder what Madoff's family is cutting back on?
Stuff bought with other people's money I suppose, if at all, yup if at all.

Did I just hear the clinking of Champagne glasses toasting to the new year when I closed my eyes?
Nope, that would be the dish washer trying to chip my Kmart glasses.
Well one small plus... we never had money to invest in Madoff's Ponzi scheme.
Oh yay, now I'm feeling great!

Obviously I'm still grumpy because I'm sick.
Now three of us are sick,
Not a fun New Year's Eve but I watched the celebration on TV.
::sigh::

G'night
Hot tea time once again...

Laura

*

No comments: