Saturday, January 3, 2009

Seventeen days until George Bush goes into forced retirement from presidential duties (thank goodness)

*

Worried that the conflict in Gaza Strip is going to escalate. This has been going on back and forth for such a very long time.
I don't know how people carry on their daily lives under such duress. I can't imagine trying to take care of my children while listening to mortar fire and things exploding nearby. The politics of who's right and who's wrong and who has God on their side.

It now appears Stuart Smalley has indeed won the Minnesota election by 225 votes. I doubt it'll change now.
Coleman still plans to challenge however and the GOP says they're gonna block his "provisional" seating until all court proceedings are finished. ::sigh::
In other words yet another political pissing contest... or a more like a children's shoving match.
I am too, No you're not- I am, Are not, Am too, No I am, No you're not and so on until the teacher intervenes.
Oh I forgot they are the ones in charge of the playing field. Damn.

I'm still sick and I had a truly nasty migraine today, which killed about half of my day.
I do have medicine that I take and it does work but I hate taking it. But the headache won this round hands down.
Back to less sheer pain and just my miserable stuffy cold, which seems much more tolerable after this morning.

Here's hoping that everyone's New Year has been all right so far.
I'm hoping this week to get back to normal, cold can't last too much longer I expect.
I want to play with my video camera.

G'night,

Laura

*

No comments: