Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election night!!!

*

Looks like Obama's going to win the election!
I'm very happy about that fact and excited about the possibilities.
However, just because he gets in doesn't mean real change will happen.

I'm holding off on a celebratory Long Island Iced Tea (or two...) until I see him over 270.

Obama has a lot of problems to deal with before he can move us anywhere really.
A huge deficit, war in Iraq and Afghanistan, job losses, the economy.
Not to mention health care, education, and many other big issues that face us as a nation.

It will be no piece of cake.
And even a landslide mandate in congress/senate without money is not a great position to be in at all.

But it is a start.
We have a wonderful multi-cultural, multi-racial country, we should pull together and make the future a great one.

It will take a lot of work, compromise and effort on everyone's part. Everyone.

My only wish for now: Palin should go away for a while and the media should stop following her around.
I'm sure we'll see more of her, but for now. Please go away.

G'night for now.

It's getting closer and it will be a long night for me.
Fascinating.

Laura

*

No comments: