Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sixty-eight days left of George W. Bush...

*

So it seems that there's a save Senator Joe Lieberman group.
They feel that Lieberman should stay on as chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
Also he should caucus with the Democrats. ::sigh::
I guess I understand why they want to keep his vote in the Senate but I hate it. Were they not listening to what Joe said about Obama? Politicians doing that politicy thing once again. Sucks sometimes far as I can see. Maybe they trust him, I don't.
Wonder how Connecticut feels about him now...

Democratic candidate Mark Begich is up by a number of votes over Republican Senator Ted Stevens (the convicted felon) in Alaska. there are still more absentee ballots to count, hopefully tomorrow or Monday we'll know the results. Let's hope that Begich wins so that Palin doesn't take the Senator position in Alaska. Oh please, please, please. Just let her stay Governor Palin. She can use the time to re-invent and study up.
So Alaska turns into the Florida of the Senate race eh? Is Katherine Harris in the House?

And what about Minnesota? Looks like they won't know who won the senate seat until around mid December.
Democrat Al Franken (ugh) versus Republican Norm Coleman (not much better). Coleman ahead by small amount so far.
In Georgia there's a run-off election between Republican Senator Chambliss and Democrat Martin early December...

Still a fascinating election, one that just keeps on going. At least we know the clear winner of the Presidency!!!

The bail out package is getting odder... hedging a little on the auto industry and American Express now wants money too.
If there's any money left over, I could use some too. Actually how about we divide that 700 billion between all citizens, now that would be REAL trickle down theory wouldn't it?
I wouldn't mind bailing someone out if it wasn't for feeling like they're a bunch of money grubbing bastards... CEO's gotta love 'em. Finally the govt admits maybe the bail out has to be be done more carefully... Um, Really? Wow, didn't see that coming.

So, it's possible that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton might be Secretary of State? Supreme Court? Very interesting stuff.
Would she take the Position of Secretary of State... I think she might if it's offered. She'll have some position I'm sure.

********

Not Politics:
Got an echocardiogram, EKG, and broke a record on vials of blood taken at one time.
Need a chest x-ray now, but I shall live it seems. Warning to mend my ways.
Will hear on tests soon. Feeling a little better, but very weary.
Advice: resist stress. Am laughing, not sure why. That's like telling me after I had my gall bladder out not to lift anything or drive. Okay, okay, okay I'll try. I promise. I do.
Acupuncture, massage, meditation, exercise, long walks on the beach? Never answer my phone again?
Must re-invent myself more completely than I had planned to I guess.

Will, be starting a video blog shortly, hopefully next week.
Not sure if I'll do it independent of this one or just put the option at the top of this one.
Charl has inspired me into motion... wants me to chill and make a website he can manage for me (computer son-guy)
Still working on NaNoWriMo it's a fun experience whether or not I make 50,000 words or not.

G'night everyone,
Sleep well and have pleasant dreams.

Laura

*

No comments: