Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Barack Obama! Sounds fine to me!

*

Seems Obama won in Callifornia, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Oregon, Washington
and... maybe Montana?

President elect Barack Obama.
Dare I have hope for the future...
Dare I dream of unity and commitment to change.

A historic day.
I can't express the emotions.

Popular vote so far:

58,012,814 for Obama
52,436,767 for McCain

Electoral so far:

349 for Obama
159 for McCain

Sitting alone sipping my LI iced tea and watching news streaming on my computer and the tv in the background.

Talked to my son in DC who voted earlier today and was out celebrating with friends tonight.
Crowds of people out in streets of DC chanting, laughing and crying. Said he's never seen anything like it.
I know. Neither have I. He had a random crowd of happy folk yelling "Hello mom" over the cell to me (chant).
Awesome. I'm impressed. Feeling the love of random young strangers over the air waves... lol

Proud to be a New Yorker. Proud to be from the USA.
G'night if you can sleep.
I'm not even close to tired.

Hot tea in a bit, reflecting on these last few days.
Then at some point I shall retire and finally rest my weary mind.

Laura

*

No comments: