Thursday, November 6, 2008

Seventy-five days to Barack Obama's inaugural address.

*

Finally only 75 days in office left of George W. Bush the lame duck president!!!
Very happy to say that. No more mangling of the English language.

I'm interested in which direction Palin will go now.
(Though I'd really like her to disappear back to Alaska until at the very least 2009, perhaps a little longer.)
Will she be persuaded to pursue the power and distinction of running for the first female president in 2012?
(And it makes me really ill to think she would be elected the first female president.)
or will she go for the really big bucks that the conservative talk show hosts get from the "elite" media?

I don't think she can do both. Interesting. I doubt she'll go away. But hey I can dream right?

It was really inspiring to see how the world reacted to the announcement of "President Elect Barack Obama."
Amazing. How people here reacted.

I don't imagine he will accomplish all the things on his agenda... none of them do.
But I do think he'll heal some of our wounds if given a chance. And I hope he is given the chance.
Already we are hearing complaints on the air, I don't imagine that will stop.
The press likes to crucify presidents it seems and especially the democratic ones.

I'd like to think that the republicans next time will run a more moderate, less divisive candidate.
Or even better, since many conservative moderates feel left out of the system in both parties...
They will create a three party system... Left leaning democrats, right leaning republicans and an Independent party
that is more in the center of both. Now that would be interesting.

Meanwhile, I think attention should be rightfully given to Barack Obama. It was a long campaign and difficult.
The end of the Bush years.
Still smiling.

G'night
Going to get some sleep tonight.

Laura


*

No comments: