Friday, December 12, 2008

Forty days left of Prince George and his merry men...

*

This might be a short post because it's been a horrible rainy day and now it's pouring and windy here.
My cable keeps going off and on which makes the internet unstable and has to be reset each time.
Went down in the basement and it's been raining so hard for so long that there are three puddles down there.
Nothing to get damaged near them but enough with the rain all ready, don't want the basement to flood.

I love the political machine... no let me rephrase that, I'm constantly amazed by the vast lack of common sense that permeates both parties. That and the "do what I say but not as I do" mentality.

Let's look briefly at a few of the stories:
Of course there's the obvious one Blagojevich. Now Bernard Madoff arrested for securities fraud.
So who is Madoff anyway and why should we care? Well, he's a former Nasdaq chairman. Great huh?
That's why I don't like Mr. "parachuted over from Goldman Sachs" Paulson in charge of the bailout money.
Conflict of interest to me.

Here's yet another dumb statement since Caroline Kennedy while not in the public eye all the time has done many things.
She's a lawyer, she's raised money for NY public schools, she chairs, serves as director, and does more than many others.
But, here's the thing: NY democrat Gary Ackerman (Queens) states that her qualifications are apparently only that she has "name recognition, but so does J Lo... I wouldn't make J Lo the senator unless she proved she has great qualifications, but we haven't seen them yet." ::sigh:: Number one I'm from NY and still am pissed at Gulliani, now... look, Gary's entitled to feel what ever he wants to about Kennedy and the senate seat but seriously J Lo??? Reminds me of the comparison between Obama/Britany/Paris in that McCain ad. Wtf were you thinking, better yet, were you thinking at all? Wow.

Whether or not Caroline gets the senate nod hopefully doesn't depend on nonsensical statements said by a congressman.
It's so great to see the hypocrisy of the political system doesn't favor just one party. There are ridiculous folk on both sides that don't seem to understand they should think about what they say BEFORE they say it.

The auto bailout didn't get through the senate... not a surprise I kinda expected it. So now what happens?
The loss of jobs, lack of morality, global recession, heating oil prices, mortgage crisis, stock problems, two wars, polar ice caps melting and all the other problems facing us... makes this a rather disturbing end to 2008.
Tough to raise that ole holiday cheer. Just doesn't feel the same to me this year. Grateful for what we have, yes.
Thankful for my family, yes. But there's an underlying anxiety for the future. Being trained in social work makes you aware of the struggles people have, and this is a very tough time for many Americans, especially hard on children. No way around that fact. Blame it on who ever you want it still doesn't fix anything.

Donate to food banks if you can, they can always use money, non-perishable food items and most of all volunteering some precious time.

The reason I'm really late with this post because I was finishing the second day of baking and packaging 18 plates of cookies, one large box of cookies for my husband to take to work and all those left over are for my mom, brother and of course us!
Only just finished. Promised myself I wouldn't go on the computer until I was done.
These cookie packager are some of the fruits of my labors for the past two days.
Take a breather Laura and de-stress. (I think I've almost forgotten how).


G'night,
Hang in there everybody

Going to bed.
Hopefully I can sleep with all this wind.

Laura

*

No comments: