Monday, December 1, 2008

Fifty days left of George W. Bush's, um, administrating...

*

The stories coming out of Mumbai, India are very disturbing.
They're also getting information from the terrorist that they captured.
I feel very bad for all those caught in the attack.
I'd never understand such cruelty if I lived to be a thousand.
It also appears that India had some warning about the possibility of terror attack.
What is the point of all this intelligence that everybody collects when it never seems to be listened to by security agencies and governments? So frustrating.

So it's confirmed yet again that we're in a recession (like there was any doubt) and the stock exchange drops.
They say that we'll likely remain in a recession for a long while... duh. Thanks.
Conflicting reports on Black Friday shopping.
People shopped but the stores slashed prices, so with less shoppers and lower profits I don't know how it's a great thing.

Mall was relatively quiet on Sunday evening when we were there after dropping Coll at train.
Got a few good deals didn't at any point have to wait in line (shocking) and prices were pretty low.
Stuck to my budget and didn't buy much (only had one large bag.
Tonight I looked around online for Cyber Monday.
Not too impressed with sales though I did find 3 things I was looking for out there for pretty good prices.
Just ordered, low sale price, rebates and no shipping costs... not bad.
Would say what the things were but inquiring minds (read as relatives and children) would then know what they were getting.
Can't have that now can I?

And now it's formal Barack Obama has formally announced Hillary Clinton for the position of Secretary of State.
I think this is great. Of course not everyone agrees with me but that's fine.
He's put together a solidly competent and intelligent cabinet now we'll see how it works out in real time.

The Chambliss/Martin run off election in Georgia looks like a republican who's who cast of characters.
Giuliani, McCain, Palin, Romney, Huckabee and the other side is the same: Gore, B. Clinton... Amazing!

Still waiting to hear who officially will win the Minnesota election Coleman or Franken.
I'm thinking Coleman but I don't like Franken so I suppose I hold that against him. Ha, don't care that he's a democrat.
I'm just happy that we didn't have another drawn out contentious presidential election.
That would have been horrible.

Can't believe that it's December 1, 2008 all ready.
Doesn't seem possible yet my computer assures me it's true!

Well, let me get this off my chest now maybe it'll help:
AAAaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Not sure it helped my long term stress levels but felt good right now.
In about a week or so that odd thwacking sound you'll hear
is actually the sound my head makes when it hits the table when I realize there aren't enough hours in the day or night to get ready for the holidays.

But then somehow I make it and always enjoy at least the beginning of every year because of the promise of the NEW...

G'night everyone,
Stay sane, if not, try not to show it!

Laura


*

No comments: