Thursday, December 4, 2008

Forty-seven days of GW Bush's "administration"

*

Did you see the clip of GW Bush squishing himself in between American soldiers for a photo op?
I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it but one soldier doesn't seem thrilled with GW standing there.

Bush's last days interviews both with and without Laura Bush have so far had interesting views by GW on his legacy.
I swear he's language challenged, or really dumb, or maybe both.
He bumbles, misunderstands questions, wanders when answering and mispronounces things.
History is being rewritten in Bush's mind... now it seems it was faulty CIA information on WMD's that caused the war in Iraq.
Interesting, I guess he hasn't seen all his previous speeches on the internets (lol).

The auto industry is in real trouble. Bankers: yay. GE, Chrysler, Ford: nay?
We're bleeding jobs daily, the auto industry carries somewhere around 3 million or more.
If the industry isn't bailed out... then we need some kind of jobs for those that will lose theirs.
Even if they do the bailout, job losses will sky rocket in the industry.
Factory and dealership jobs.
Not gonna be a bright and cheery New Year for a lot of people.

**************

And what about Plaxico Burress?
If I (or anyone in my family) took a loaded Glock into a club and shot myself in the thigh, I'd all ready be sitting in jail.
I'm so sick of overpaid and overvalued celebrities and athletes behaving badly.
There are no great role models for kids or adults lately.
No, let me rephrase that... there are no great role models that make the news and get press no less monetary reward.
I was trying to think of what role models there were for women my age.
Pretty bleak.

Here's my ode to Plaxico:

Oh Plaxico
who would have thought
you wouldn't know
guns belong in nightstands
not at night clubs tucked
in sweat pant's waistbands
loaded but not locked...

Oh Plaxico
who would have thought
you wouldn't know
now you're just the guy
stupid enough to
shoot himself in the thigh
at least it wasn't someone elses...

from the winning touchdown for the Giants
to just another one of some lawyer's clients
that's amazing talent
indeed.

Tomorrow I have an interesting escapade planned that I'll document with a silly video...
Probably won't get it posted here until Saturday if it comes out at all the way I would like it to.

Going to bed.
Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.
And run a million errands.

G'night

Laura


*

No comments: