Monday, December 22, 2008

twenty-nine days till the Obama inauguration... less than a month left of GW Bush.

*

So far Al Franken is ahead of Coleman by 48 votes but there's still a case filed by Coleman to be heard.
What a dumb race that was in Minnesota. And they got Michele Bachmann too, lucky them...
And how again are these people qualified to be senators? Oh yea. We vote them in to office. Ha, a little bit scary ain't it?
Really don't like Coleman and the idea of Senator Al Franken really freaks me out. He's too full of himself. Stuart Smalley indeed.
Starting to be sure that if the Supreme Court allowed the thorough re-count in Florida Al Gore would have certainly been president...
Ah well, water under the bridge to nowhere.

Looks like I'm actually heading to La Guardia Airport not JFK to pick eldest son up.
Oh well, not much of a difference in distance one way or the other. LGA is a wee bit easier to get around.
I hope there aren't any problems tomorrow, the past few days because of weather and today's wind there were many delays.

I've mentioned that I've been working my way through the old Miami Vice show in my spare time.
Ha, let me rephrase that one:
Spare time meaning in the time that I'm mixing, baking, wrapping, etc... I've made it to season 4.
It's fun to watch old shows and see all the unknown actors starting out that now you know from later work.
Any way, Episode 3, Season 4 titled "Death and the Lady" was fun to watch.
In it we find Miguel Ferrer from Crossing jordan (Dr. Garret Macy) and even more fun-
There's Paul Guilfoyle of CSI fame (Captain Jim Brass) doing a bad guy that's funny considering how he looks now.
I'm having fun running through them...
I loved that show at the time, hate to admit it, but I still kinda like that Crockett/Tubbs Duo. Like Cheech and Chong or well, Crockett and Cheech... wasn't that called Nash Bridges???
Donnie Wayne Johnson wasn't a bad looker. Ole DJ gonna be 60 shortly.

Enough! I need to get sleep to drive tomorrow, Coll can drive on the way back, only stopping at borders and then home for dinner.
Then baking the Christmas Eve pear and apple pies...

Peace on earth good will to all.
G'night

Laura

*

No comments: