Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Forty-one days left of GW Bush... or what the *#@&'s wrong with Chicago anyway?

*

So the more we hear and the more Blagojevich says it seems he's arrogant, greedy and a more than a wee bit delusional.
What a mess, Obama and others say he should resign (duh) and he still hasn't. Amazing.
And how about the whole Jesse Jackson Jr. (otherwise known as candidate #5) possibility of involvement.
Great stuff. Wish it was republicans right at the moment but... both parties seem to be unable to remain above board at all times. Bleeping, unbelievable bleepin bleeper. Never heard so many news reporters saying bleep with such relish...
of course we all know bleep actually means bleep, don't we? Struck me funny and even Morning Joe got a joke in on his saying the word live on the air (by accident of course). Bleepin' funny I say.
It really amuses me to hear republicans condemn democrats when they're both full of shit most of the time, no?

We're going to see big changes in the auto industry no matter what happens.
Less choice of cars (brands), less dealerships, don't care if the government bails, um, gives them loans them money or not.
It's interesting that there's so much trouble getting this agreement down in house which just passed, now there's the senate.
Perhaps GW might want to say something... He still is president right? ::sigh::
What's better bailed out or bankruptcy? No guarantee that the companies will succeed even after getting money.
Or that they'll decide they need more $ later on, and then what do we do. Refuse and lose what we've all ready fronted?
Doesn't make me feel any more confident in buying any new cars... think I'll stick to my poor lil manual Toyota Corolla.

I saw the funniest headline on one of those supermarket news rags (not sure which one it was) but it said:

Hillary promises Obama she'll divorce Bill after the inauguration. It was just funny with a picture and all.
Really caught my attention and I started to laugh out loud. Which makes people look askance at you in the checkout line.
I simply pointed at the paper and they kinda smiled and looked at me like I was nuts... aw hell maybe I am, eh?

And ghost of irrelevant people past, well they should be past anyhow: Joe the Plumber showed up dissing John McCain.
Now I'm not a John McCain fan, and I strongly (ahem) disliked Sarah Palin, but just shut up Joe! Nobody cares.
He says he was "appalled" by Sen. McCain while he traveled with the campaign. Really Mr. can't get your story straight plumber? (and yes, I put those good ole air quotes around plumber)
But you loved Sarah Palin cause she was the "real deal." Do you mean the real deal like you are Mr. Wurzrlbacher?

What about the Jay Leno invasion of prime time?
Does this mean Law and Order will be moved and everything else? Golly I'm sorry that NBC isn't doing all that well but damn.
Why do they have to mess with actual tv shows? Screw around with our escapism that we so dearly need right now.
And what's with Jay anyway? He's been saying that he wants to retire, and it seemed that he was.
Then there were the Jay's going over to ABC rumors... Hey, haven't we been here before with late night talk show wars?
Now he's taking the 10pm spot every night. UGH. I don't understand. Why? The 30 million a year you'll get?
Jay all ready has more money than god and could do many things to stay in the limelight including a once a week show if he wanted to but, no, it's every night. Come on Jay seriously reconsider please.
A workaholic and a by all accounts very nice but still a stay in the public eye control freak.
I don't want to watch talk shows in prime time... early to bed folk can tape it.

Britney Spears... the press seems to think she's news. She isn't. One show says she's in the middle of a reinvention and strong comeback. The other says she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown and losing it.
Hey, I vote for both if and only if it gets her out of print and off the NEWS.

Well, nothing more on my mind tonight (at least that I can remember at this point.
I still have more cookies to bake so I'm going to to and then crash in the early morning hours I imagine.
Making coffee and having a piece of pie then back to work for me.
The first batches, almond sugar cookie Christmas trees and semi-sweet chocolate sandwiched between lacy crisp oat wafers.
Now I know the wafers don't look particularly Christmas like but they are my signature cookies and always asked for.




G'night all,
Stay sane... I'm trying.

Laura


*

No comments: