Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Forty-nine days left to add to the Bush legacy... or something like that.

*

I keep reading that David Gregory (chief White House Correspondent for NBC) will be taking over on Meet The press.
I know Tom Brocaw taking Tim Russert's spot was temporary, so David Gregory isn't a bad choice at all and not unexpected.
I really miss Tim Russert. He made watching Meet The Press very interesting with his enthusiasm.
He was so into the show, interviews and debates. Still miss him. In some ways it was his show.
It was such a shame that he died at the premature age of 58.
His son Luke not only looks a bit like Tim but even has some of his mannerisms and voice.

Chambliss (as I expected) won the Georgia senate run off election.
It still looks like Coleman won over Franken in Minnesota too...
So no filibuster proof senate for the democrats.
Let's hope the dems and repubs can get something done in the next few years instead of the usual bullshit.
We have major problems that we need to really fix instead of the normal stalemate until all hell breaks loose and then blame it on the each other. If that happens, well, the word "doomed" or at least "doom and gloom" pops into my head for the middle class.

I also keep coming across the rumor that Sarah Palin might appear on the season finale of abc's Desparate Housewives.
I knew I hated that show. lol. No seriously I don't watch it. Seems a fitting place for her though. Yay.

Newsweek had a very sobering, pessimistic and depressing story about the possibility of attacks with weapons of mass destruction (such as biological pathogens). It's something more for people to be stressed out about.
Beginning to wonder why people are so stressed out and discouraged? Just look and listen to the news these days.
Threat of WMD terrorist attack in future

Auto makers, banks, insurance, state governments, there seems to be a larger and larger list of folk that want $$$.
Still not sure how it's all going to help "Main Street" at all... Maybe, maybe not.

Watched the Laura and George Bush interview with Charles Gibson. It was okay. Nothing really new.
They have the strangest body language with each other. I wonder what their days are like together.

Non Political:

Gun's and Roses cd, something like 17 years in the coming, ain't so great. Sorry Axl.
They're fighting with Dr. Pepper over a free soda deal if the cd came out in 2008. Seriously?

Still struggling with Christmas presents but have some ideas at least.
So far haven't been able to muster much enthusiasm but hopefully it'll get better shortly.
Just have too much on my mind and a little down in the dumps.
I realized tonight that part of my problem is that I stopped working on the book I was writing.
I felt better when my page tally was going upward.

Senior class is one cost after another. Just bought a bunch of pizza's and cheesecakes because we have no relatives to sell all this stuff to... next up is magazines. UGH. I don't want to hit up the few people I know at holiday time to buy overpriced items my senior is selling. January there is the next installment on the Senior Class trip of $200.00.
It's the most expensive year by far!
Well, at least this is the last time we have to do it. Last one in high school.
Hallelujah!!!

Well, G'night for now.
Have a good day.

Laura

*

No comments: