Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twenty-eight days left of the lame duck's cooked goose.

*

Well, picked Coll up at the airport late morning... glad to see him. He's staying until Sunday.
Shopped a bit with him, ate and came home.
Went to work on pear pies which are the very last thing I had to get done for Christmas.
We celebrate Christmas Eve not Christmas Day (except for the Santa gifts when the kids were, well, kids).
All is well. Budget made shopping really easy. Waited until things were really on sale and then bought them.

Watching news now drinking cup of reheated coffee from way earlier today...
What's the fuss about Obama on vacation without a shirt in Hawaii? Get real please.
Go away paparazzi um, I mean serious news reporter types. Leave the president elect alone with his family.

Now since I deserve a break here. I just uploaded a few snapshots because I have no energy left to write anything.

Our little Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. Ha. Maybe a bit better but only about 4 1/2 feet tall top to bottom.
Last two years we've only had a small tree with everyone older and busy. It's the spirit of Christmas that counts!






Stony Brook Graduation 2008 on Sunday










Pies going into the oven... Pear pies, Mmmm yummy (my favorite) but alas they aren't for us (as usual).
Pear pies coming out of oven. Wish I could have a piece with my coffee right now but I can't... (she frowns)
Simple stencil I cut out and put on pie then sprinkled cinnamon sugar mix over it and peeled it off. Very easy.







Happy Happy Holidays everybody!
Peace on earth goodwill to all!

Laura

*

No comments: