Saturday, December 6, 2008

Forty-five days left of Prince George... Obama to the rescue?

*

Listened to Obama's "Public Works Program" speech.
Might work. Could work. We'll see. Probably will need to make it work.
Wondering how the government will payroll all this mess... guess we're going to find out.

I went on an excellent adventure last night.
I used the opportunity to make my first short video with my brand new Flip Mino.
Though the video isn't any fantastic accomplishment I still had a lot of fun doing it.
Making and editing the video was so easy to do I would recommend it to anyone.
I was amazed. Would make a good Christmas gift for anyone who wants to make You Tube Videos
So don't judge me too harshly on the video, I didn't try for anything remarkable and had no idea what I was going to say.
Expected most of the clips to not come out considering my total lack of experience with the whole process.
Pleasant enough surprise.



I'm not a huge Bill O'Reilly fan, actually I'm more a Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert type.
I still do read and watch both sides for that is the way to stay informed and to decide based on all opinions and facts.

An agreement in the Democratic Party on a package to help out the auto industry that could be voted on next week. Hmm.
The dems have to be careful what they do and say... was listening to Barney Frank talking about the auto money issues
and he stated that the Dems were planning on passing what they wanted to after Jan.
"If this were next year and Barack Obama was in office and we had the 58 or maybe 59 democratic senators then we would be able to break a filibuster, but so we'd have to compromise... we will reserve the right next year when we have a better president and a better congress to replace that 25 billion from the TARP, they won't be able to stop us then. We're not asking them to sign off on it we're simply giving notice that's something we have the option to do later..."

Now Barney sweetheart, I know what you're saying and it has merit, substance and logic to it but you can't use that language without irritating folk especially republican congressfolk and senators... Seriously you sound like the republicans that took over that you've previously complained about their lack of inclusiveness and um, arrogance? Not very humble language there.
I'm a democrat, fairly liberal for the most part and it really annoyed me Barney.

Are we getting rid of Gitmo or not?
And wonder of wonders I didn't hear or see anything about Sarah Palin today. Oh Happy Day.
Read at CNN that Sunny von Bulow died. I remember that case, she was in a coma and her husband Claus was tried and convicted of trying to kill her and then it was overturned. Probably have to be older to remember that story but here it is:
28 years in a coma

Okay well, going to bed need some of that ever elusive sleep...

G'night

Laura


*

No comments: