Friday, December 12, 2008

Thirty-nine days till George W retires to the dude ranch... is there light at the end of this tunnel?

*

Will the auto industry get money or not? That's still the question, and folks it's truly a million dollar question.
Will the exceedingly lame duck (or something like that) step in, will our new heroes make it in out of the blizzard before they die of the cold?
Seems to me no matter what they do, dealerships will close and jobs will be downsized. Just a matter of how many and when.
Seems like people have more pressing concerns than replacing the family car right now and the properties of math tell me that...
I really don't see an upswing in car sales in the near future, but hey one could be wrong and um, one hopes they are wrong actually.

The Al Franken/Norm Coleman senate battle in Minnesota wages on.
Now Al is supposedly ahead but it still can be challenged in court. As I've said before I don't like either of them.
I heard on TV that Coleman was being investigated by the FBI over house renovations (how some of it was paid for).
Are there no shameless politicians out there? How can you NOT be cynical at this point?
I swear our political stage is more like a three ring circus, tell me with all the people that are out there we couldn't do better?
And dambit stop saying that we all want leaders that we can sit down with and shoot the breeze.
Stop saying that we want to have a beer with the president of the United States.
No. I don't. I'm hoping he would have far more crucial and important things to so with his time.
I truly don't personally know anyone that I would actually want to nominate to handle the top job in the country.
The one who represents us as a nation. The best leader possible. The cream of the crop. The nothing like George W. Bush.
By the way I wouldn't want to have a beer with GWBush at all. I will have one to toast his leaving the office however. You betcha.
I want someone honest, hard working, reasonable, intelligent that is good at solving problems and working with people.
The words "highly competent" pop into my mind.

And why is Blagojevich still there... hit the road Ron. Find legitimate employment for that money you lust after.

And speaking of important news relating to the shape of the world:
How about the Jennifer Aniston GQ magazine nearly bare photos? Now there's REAL news right?
Gorgeous pictures, she's very pretty and photogenic. So tell me again why getting naked makes you "more sure of yourself" as they said on the CNN Showbiz Tonight that they applaud her for doing this. ::sigh:: I give up. At least I'm sure she got a lot of money for that "article." Yes, indeedy and if she didn't then that would be... it'd be... actually... indecent. (wink, wink)
Hey, maybe they'll pay me lots of money to not take off my clothes. Yes, I'm pretty sure of that too...
It's just the difference between getting naked and drawing a huge crowd or causing them to run away.

So I'm done early tonight. Only got around 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night and had one hell of a day.
Psychological black hole that it was and now the physical side is telling me I'm about to crash...


G'night all

Hope you have a good day tomorrow for today is almost over.
We get a do-over tomorrow don't we? We do right?

Laura

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzz
*

No comments: