Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thirty-eight days left of the lame quacker... and I'm dreaming of sport's cars (I'm incorrigible)

*

No news is good news?
Can honestly say that I haven't been horribly interested in the news today.
It seems that at the moment it's pretty repetitive on the political scene, not adding much clarification to the stories.

Watched the whole Miami Vice Season 3 while baking Christmas cookies this week. Love that Crockett and Tubbs, ha.
No, love that Season three black 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder 365 GTS/4 that they blew up (actually it wasn't exactly a Ferrari but that's another story) The White Ferrari Testarossa (though I normally don't like white cars) was my favorite... just a beauty of a design. I loved the cars in that series for the most part they all showed up at one point or another...
Lamborghini, Lotus, Corvettes, GTO's God, they were all there and of course my favorite sportscar: Porsche.

Was looking at the engine design of the Bugatti Veyron, oh my God, now that's an engine.
16 cylinders, 64 valves, 4 turbos, 3 radiators, reaches 100 mph at (gulp) 2.6 seconds.
Wouldn't want to own one, but I'd love to drive one. Yes, I would.
Otherwise it's seriously pointless as a car... gas mileage completely sucks obviously and I can't even imagine the insurance or repair costs.
BUT lordy I'd love to have an hour alone with one.
By the way the price tag is a mere 1,700,000 US dollars. Whoa baby.



Check it out ::sigh::

Too poor to own any of those cars... but if you know anyone that has one I can borrow sometime, jus' let me know. Ha.
My Toyota Sport Corolla manual tranny just doesn't quite match up. But I can dream can't I???
BTW for the record automatic sportscars are so not cool... I'll drive stick until I have arthritis so bad I can't shift the damn thing I assure you. Gentlepeople start your engines.

Often when I get talking about the things I like ranging from cars to movies, books, people, etc... I realize how odd I am.
I just don't make a great female. Don't know why I just never ran my interests through that annoying "femininity filter" many seem to use.
Which doesn't bother me as much as others, and I keep getting in odd situations because people assume that if you have relatively normal kids, can actually cook meals and bake, have been married a long time (seriously a Long Time...) it means you are somehow a traditional female. No, I'm not. Used to wish I was but not any longer. Age makes some things easier at least.

Decided this year I'm going to take a family photo at Christmas dinner, print them up and send out Happy New Year 2009 cards instead of Christmas cards. I never did get them out last year and I don't need the pressure at this point to do them now.
So like it or not for what it's worth that might be my new tradition (and it gets rid of one more Christmas headache).

Have packages to set up to mail out Monday tomorrow so,
G'night everyone

Stay sane, if it's at all possible.
If not try not to show it... lol

Laura

*

No comments: