Saturday, December 27, 2008

Twenty-four days left of Prince George and his band of not so merry men...

*

Good God, I'm starting to think that our country is run by a bunch of selfish, angry, incredibly dumb and totally spoiled children...
What is it that has me bothered now?
The cd "parody" that Chip Saltsman (who's jockying to to lead the Republican party) sent RNC members titled "We Hate the USA" which was some kind of ill advised Christmas gift.

One of the songs on this wonderful cd was sung to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon.
Except that it was titled "Barack the Magic Negro." Amazing. Doubtful that Peter, Paul and Mary liked that infringement.

Great now they think they not only have to remain politically incorrect but they have to be bleepin' lousy comedians too?
Oh, I'm sorry it was only intended as a joke...
Yea. A disrespectful shot at the first black President who hasn't even yet taken the oath of office?
Talk about poor taste... The Chipster apparently didn't get the memo the RNC surely must have sent out about not being seen as racist or doing anything stupid at Christmas time. Remember Jesus the uniter not the divider?

So Saltsman has come out of the closet officially... as... stupid and tacky? Yup.
Ya'll want to have a beer with the Chipster, Cheney, Bush, McCain and Palin? Don't forget to invite Joe the, um, Plumber.
The song was heard last year on the Rush Limbaugh show, and though he was criticized for playing it, nothing happened to Mr."do as I say and not as I do" Limbaugh. So Don Imus had to go and Limbaugh stayed? Not even the obligatory firing and then rehiring? How disappointing.

Which brings me to this thought: Why isn't being called "Joe Six Pack" offensive to people?
What exactly is being implied by that label anyway?
Was I a soccer mom because I ferried my kids around? I'm pretty sure I was atypical and definitely didn't adopt a sports team.
I seriously hate stereotypes they're so damned limiting especially when you start living according to them.

Our political system has me so frustrated, it would be laughable perhaps if it wasn't my country flailing around instead of working together. I hope Obama is right and it is still possible to get things done because congress is a joke no matter who's in the majority.

The education of our people isn't even a prime concern anymore... I've listened to a procession of presidents now that stated that they would be the one that would put education first and fix our public school system. Yeah. Right.
Affordable college... Uh, huh. Universal standards for teachers. That's funny.

We're reaping what we've sowed these days and totally unprepared for hard times, so hope they don't come.
Scam artists rampant in the system like Madoff, officials ignoring warnings deliberately, economy going to hell in a hand basket but hey, everything's fine Joe six pack, jus' have another beer... We're watching out for you.

*********************

So this is christmas
And what have you done?
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young

A very Merry christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

John Lennon (Oct 1940-Dec 1980)
Still think of John at Christmas.

Politics as usual gives me a headache these days
Like the saying:
If you're not outraged
You're not paying attention.

G'night,
Sorry I'm so, err, grumpy.

Laura

*

No comments: