Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Twenty-one days left of GW

*

Everyone's in an uproar about Blagojevich's senate choice of Roland Burris.
I think it's fascinating. This guy is interesting if not a wee bit delusional...
Apparently he decided to blow off just about everyone and go ahead and appoint a new senator.
Once again just when I think our political system can't get much stranger, something new comes along to poke at me.
I'm probably in the minority here but I think though Blago might be removed from office (or rather forced from it) but
I still don't think he's going to jail but we'll see.
So who is this Burris and will "they" be able to remove him from office too? Holy dirty politics batman!
To find out what happens next week stay tuned, same bat-time, same bat-channel.
Our politicians are amazing and I really don't mean that in a good way.

Now Franken is still ahead of Coleman in Minnesota, so of course the "election officials are all unjust and favor Franken."
After the absentee ballots are finished we should know for sure (ha) maybe next week (temporarily anyway).
Sounds like a court case to me either way, perhaps the supreme court of Minnesota has a thought on this fun mess.
Maybe both candidates should harken back to a certain Presidential election and Florida... tear yet another page out of the dirty play book. I don't like either of them, perhaps they should start over with new candidates wouldn't take much longer really.

Our system is starting to seem so ludicrous to me at this point (both sides, all around).
And since we all elect our officials (remember it's a democracy) to represent us as citizens of our own fair states and the country... the part that worries me is that they actually do represent us accurately. It's not possible is it?
I feel like we could compile and release an entertaining DVD titled "Politicians behaving badly" or "Congress gone wild."

And the RNC defends the Chipster's use of "Barack the Magic Negro."
I give up. Seems we're going backwards instead of forwards. Tacky and stupid is in style again.
The Republicans are gearing up for an all out fight on any economic stimulus package of the new administration.
But we need to be very careful here... the economy isn't all that stable, middle class is bleeding and it's no time for partisan politics.
Though I'm not surprised by this as we really don't learn from our past mistakes...
Hey, Senator Bipartisan "reach across the aisle" Maverick McCain, maybe you could help out?
Though it seems that the republicans need to worry about being condemned by their own fellow party members these days.

Well, I'm sure of one thing for this new year coming up:
I'm not sure of anything at all that's ahead for 2009.
I want to believe that it will be a good year, hell, the start of a good decade but...

Maybe I'm just less optimistic when I'm sick, or is it more cynical? ::shrugs::
Going to make mug of hot tea, take medicine, crawl under covers and hide until tomorrow.
Now there's a plan.

G'night

Laura

*

No comments: