Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thirty-seven days to goodbye Bush or... Treinta y siete días hasta adiós a George Bush.

*

Now Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen!
On Comet! On Cupid! On Donder and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away!
Take me away from it all!

(Um, That IS the way it goes isn't it???)

*****************
How about this:



There's a law suit going on over the design.
Again just strikes me as funny, and not that much does this last week or so. Just sharing.
And just in case you feel like checking out the whole story that goes along with the photo:
Hey who is that guy?


On a lighter note President Bush ran off to Iraq/Afganistan all hush hush and while talking at a "press conference" with Al-Maliki something ah, unexpected happened.
Bush joked that the shoe was a size 10:


It just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

I have a lot to say about the auto bridge loan story but I'll keep it trimmed to a million words I promise.
I'm waiting to see what the administration has to say about the whole thing. So far not going well.
And I'm going to assume that Bush will do something more in the next few days.
This whole thing has me so upset...

AIG was given around 123 billion dollars without strings attached.
Goldman Sachs got billions, along with others... with no strings attached and no paper trail...
BUT the southern senators want to blame the UAW for the automakers NOT getting the bridge LOAN with strings attached???

This is bullshit folks. Where are the non union plants? Where are the foreign plants? Yes. In the south.
Lets just bury Michigan. Lets just decimate American Manufacturing of Cars. Just bullshit.
The bleeding of jobs hasn't even begun yet. What the f#$k is really going on?
Non-partisanship my ass. Is anything really going to change? I wonder.
Does hope involve crossing your fingers and not stepping on the sidewalk cracks? Praying really, really hard?

Paul Krugman stated that "...the opposition to the bailout was led by Senator Corker 'the Senator from Nissan' which has two plants in its national headquarters in Tennessee." Hmm.
Clip of Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan on the auto industry bridge loans. Makes good and bad points. Premature on Bush support though it seems now. We'll find out this week I expect. Oh, and I'm not buying any stocks Jennifer not in anything.


Going to watch a movie, one of my favorites (but don't go by me I'm strange it seems) called "Mirrormask"
and make a cup of hot tea and try to relax. Try very, very hard.
From a personal perspective this weekend was a psychological black hole.

G'night

Laura


*

No comments: