Friday, October 3, 2008

Bailout Bill passes... or thirty-two day's to E-day.

*

Listened to and read all the commentary I could stand about the debates.
Still don't feel it was a deal breaker or maker for either party.
I'm sure we'll hear more from all of them.

More important in the news is the economic bailout of wall street that was passed in the house today.
President Bush almost immediately signed the bill and there you have it folks. You own the bill, you foot the bill.

I'm so angry about this it isn't funny.
This was crammed down our throats just like other things in the past. Scare tactics.

How these people can with a straight face congratulate themselves for a job well done on either side of the fence is beyond me.
Obama and especially McCain state they are against those nasty old "ear marks" and despicable "pork barrel spending" by government officials.

And yet, the $700 billion package that passed isn't really $700 billion alone like they keep saying.
No, it's got around $110 billion dollars tacked on to it in order to sweeten up the deal for Dems/Repubs to vote for.
This is unadulterated, hypocritical bullshit.

Some good stuff that wasn't getting passed and a bunch of crap too... certainly nothing that should have been there.
These things and you can look them up are ridiculous because they have nothing to do with this crisis.
Both parties took part in this. What a sham, they should be ashamed, not proud.

Fact: none of it SHOULD have been there.
Think about this... We don't have the $700 billion so we add on to that total stuff that isn't related to the bill and still call it a successful passing of a $700 billion dollar bill. I can count and that sounds like a $810+ bill to me.
What do the Dems and Repubs do? Pat themselves on the backs, stroke, stroke, stroke the weasels. Makes me sick.
"Why did they do this?" You might ask yourself as I did.

I've only come up with two reasons so far:

1) Apparently on it's own merit the bailout wasn't worth passing unless it was sweetened up. This reeks of bribery. How really cute and sleezy at the same time. Liked the cow patty with a marshmallow in the middle analogy by Paul Broun (GA.)

2) They all really are self serving, cynical, lying bastards that wouldn't pass this bill alone because they had the advantage in the supposed need for expediency so unless they got to add stuff that shouldn't be there; they wouldn't guarantee it would pass. This smacks more of blackmail or extortion.

Either way (or some of both) endorsements came from both Obama, McCain and of course pressure from Bush himself.

Yes, I'm real proud of how this came about, and I'm totally secure in knowing it will work.
Let's hope I'm just a incurable pessimist/cynic and we'll all live happily ever after.

We don't seem to have leadership anymore or representation either where it matters.
All we get to do is vote in this election for a popularity contest for whichever party we think is less dishonest than the other.
Sometimes I wonder if it matters at all, except when I listen to McCain and find I'm voting yet once again not for the person I'm really enthusiastic about but against someone I really don't like. The last two elections I voted against Bush more than for Gore or Kerry.
It's depressing.
The only thing McCain and Palin will lead us into is more war, conflict, debt and denial. Deregulation indeed.
And while we're at it let's just rethink that constitution thingy why don't we eh?
We're all ready crucifying the poor, we now have the opportunity to eviscerate the middle class just like a dead moose. Can't wait.
Do I think Obama and Biden have great answers? Not exactly but I believe they give us more of a chance for the future.

And by the way if you don't think global warming is caused by man then you very conveniently don't have to clean anything up or pass further regulations (yes REGULATIONS) to try to halt the warming climate.
Never mind the mantra drill, baby, drill. It's more like burn, baby, burn.

Welcome to the twenty-first century and the era of complete distrust-
of the media, congress, government, the presidency and each other.

Sorry I think this bail/buy out stinks, it's a porker. It should have been better.
Oh wait a minute I'm sorry.
It's an investment by the taxpayers in the rescue plan for wall street and main street to avoid the Pearl Harbor of the economy.

One of the pundits called the economic problems "a danger and an opportunity." Oh shut up.

Country first seems so hollow sometimes to me... First in what pray tell, and do you mean our country?

G'night,

Have to get up early tomorrow
and tonight I have a headache.
Big surprise right?

Laura


*

No comments: