Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nineteen days to E-Day... WTF Joe the Plumber, really?

*

Oops, I was going to write some things down here but I forgot that McCain was on Letterman right about now.
So excuse me for a little while I'm going to watch some TV for a bit and check it out.

Well, that was interesting... two cranky men... old and older...
Dave was harder on McCain than most I've seen. Ha.
Dave asked McCain about G Gordon Liddy, made me smile. The point- Ayers doesn't carry any weight in this election.
Entertaining but it doesn't really matter, why did McCain go on again? It didn't really seem to serve a purpose to him at all.
What a surrealistic and weird presidential election this is.

Today everyone's been looking into "Joe the Plumber's" background. Duh.
Seems he isn't all he seemed to be, what a surprise. McCain hadn't even talked personally to Joe and maybe they should have "vetted" him before making us listen to 15 or so minutes of bullshit about him. Wait did I say vet and McCain in one sentence?
Joe doesn't even seem to have a clear idea of how much income his bosses plumbing business makes, whether it's even indeed up for sale or the difference between adjusted and gross income. He doesn't even have a plumbing license in Ohio if I heard right. What a joke and a waste of our time. I don't care at all about Joe the plumber.

This last debate was a little bit more informative I would think for people that are undecided.
There were some clearer comparisons of the two on economy, health care and other issues.

How about the AIG $400,000 golf retreat in Las Vegas "sales and training event" after the party they threw already...
unbef**kinglieveable. So, we bailed them out so they could flip us "lower classers" off?
Again I say as I've said many times long ago...
Unfettered, unregulated, unbridled extreme capitalism leads to gross excesses and a tendency to look at middle class as the "hired help." Say it ain't so Joe...
Sit there and tell me I'm unpatriotic because I totally and firmly believe that, okay fine.
Maybe we should restructure the whole government at this point.
It's time people realize we aren't exactly a true democracy or free market society either.
Smoke and mirrors folks. Oh and by the way computers, TV, ipods, cell phones these are the opiates of the masses now.
(Well, along with the actual opiates that is...)

Why would anyone vote for McCain when he wants to deregulate the health ins industry? Thanks but no thanks John.
I swear people vote against their own interests. Reaganomics didn't work, money still ain't trickling down... stop dragging out the ghost of Reagan... please!!! Most capitalists aren't able to self regulate, it gets in the way of PROFIT at all costs.

On Roe vs Wade: I can't believe McCain used "air quotes" to frame the "health" of the mother when he stated:
"Again…just again, an example of the eloquence of Senator Obama, 'health' of the mother. You know that’s been stretched by the pro-abortion movement to mean almost anything."

John McCain you should be ashamed of how unfeeling that came across... YES, the HEALTH of the mother you, you, you...
r i d i c u l o u s MAN. (no I won't go there and say what I would love to say with all my heart, though I'm thinking it.)
Really John, so what rights do you see women as having, uh, pray tell?

How about Palin? If something happens to you and we are at war, in some crisis (like this economic one), or another terrorist attack comes our way is SHE adept, intelligent and knowledgeable enough to respond? Good Gawd John what have you done?
When asked, in the debate Obama spoke highly of his VP choice and didn't question Palin's ability to lead. On your turn you once again prove that you like the low road and sniped at Biden while praising Palin. Now there's yet another surprise.

All right I have to go to bed. Things to do tomorrow.
We went outside tonight (late) and cooked hotdogs and made s'mores on an open fire.
Two sons, two of their friends and "mom."
Cool night, warm fire, laughter and campfire food.
Nothing better.

Less than three weeks before we have a new president.
No more George W Bush, at least that's good news!

G'night
Sleep well.

*

No comments: