Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nine days to E-Day... Finally we're in the single digits!!!

*

There was good news and bad news this weekend.
First the bad news:
Anne Pressly, anchorwoman for Channel 7 in Little Rock Arkansas, died Saturday. She was only 26 years old. She was found badly beaten in her home. It is an open investigation. My heart goes out to her friends, colleagues and especially her family.
There are clips and thoughts at the KATV 7 site. Anne Pressly

The good news was that the Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update skit was interrupted by the fact that Amy Poehler was having her baby. The proud parents named their newborn son Archie! Congrats to you all, enjoy the little one! Amy Poehler It was sweet to see Maya Rudolph and Keenan Thompson sing the tribute at the end of the Weekend Update: "We love you Amy, and we can't wait to meet your baby." Sung to the tune of Frankie Valli's "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."
Seth Meyers did a biting piece of Greenspan's grilling on Weekend Update. "He made a mistake." Worth skipping to when they post the episode online!

Now I suppose I'm considered liberal leaning though not always, but am I the only one that can't really see the title "Senator Al Franken from Minnesota?" I just don't know about that. (On the other hand didn't they have wrestler Jesse Ventura for their governer?) And why did Hillary do that ad for Al? I don't exactly get that either. I hope it isn't used against her. I don't mean because she endorsed Al Franken. I mean the "He could be the "60th vote" statement she made. Weird thing to say when Repubs are running ads about how they fear a democratic majority congress with Obama. Oh well, nobody asks me. lol
Hillary for Al

Speaking of political ads, I got such a kick out of this ad I had to post the clip here and share it. It's apparently very real. John Cornyn is an incumbent Senator from Texas up for reelection in November.
Big Bad John from Texas's political ad:



Latest on Republican defection of traitors or Republicans who have come to their senses depending on which side of the fence you're on. Senator Larry Pressier a republican from SD. He's a Vietnam Vet and has now after much thought backed Barack Obamas candidacy. Many of these folk don't really want to vote Democrat but are compelled to. Never seen this before.
Though there were a lot of Reagan democrats if I remember right.

Watched George Stephanopoulos this morning and caught the segment with Jack Welch the former CEO of GE. It got interesting towards the last quarter of the segment. He said things like we shouldn't be fearful, that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that after the next three quarters we'll begin to recuperate because the government is doing the right things. He defends large corporations cutting jobs. Really? I'm getting so sick to death of listening to CEO's of businesses that make mucho moola off the American Working Middle Class and spend it on their own bloated salaries while bitching about profits and unions and taxes... on and on. They are the whiners. It's all bullshit. I hate it. They rarely slash the administration of the corporations or cut back there... if it gets bad they "retire" with bonuses and golden parachutes. Damnable Leeches.
I can't believe the shenanigans going on all over. And I say shenanigans because if I start using the words going through my mind I would still be ranting incoherently two days from now. If you want to view the segment it's here: Jack Welch

Last but not least:I came across a 16 page diatribe from the evangelical group "Focus on the Family.". It's in the form of a letter from "A Christian from 2012 in Obama's America." I read the whole thing, it's pretty odd, with a lot of fearful stuff that, uh, would happen apparently by 2012 with a democratic government.
It's a chore to read, if you feel it's ridiculous but very insightful as far as smear and scare tactics that apparently are the Christian thing to do. Just look at the topics and at least scan the areas you would find interesting as there are many sections, gay marriage, loss of freedoms, guns, abortion, supreme court... it's rather broad. If you're like me you'll find it a bit repugnant as it's not representative of the Christianity I was brought up in. But give it a try. Maybe you'll agree with it all, in which case I'm sorry you would be so scared of an elected official in our democracy. Neither of these men are even close to the anti-Christ. However I recognize your right to believe what you want to. Would you show me the same courtesy please.
Letter from a Christian in 2012

Going to stop talking and make a hot cup of tea.
Probably watch the taped episode of "House" I still haven't gotten to 5 days later.

G'night
Sleep well
At least the election part of the process will be over shortly.

Laura


*

No comments: