Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thirty days to E-day... One short month.

*

So last night Tina Fey reprised her role as Sarah Palin on SNL
(also don't forget Jason Sudeikis and Queen Latifah as Biden and Ifill who were also great)
I enjoyed the chance to laugh at the parody of election politics instead of frowning at the real campaign nonsense.
And I did laugh! "Mavericky" I must find ways to use this word in my day to day life.

And with all the silly old fuss over the election stuff oh you know those guys Obama and McCain for sure.
I somehow missed OJ's trial but even more amazing I missed the fact that Howard Stern re-married on Friday.
Wow now there's news. Seriously I just don't really get it. Is he really such a cultural icon?
No, don't answer me, it's a rhetorical question... Please. To hear it answered affirmatively out loud would be discouraging to me.

McCain says he's going to get tough on Obama. Oh yay more "Swift Boat" campaign tactics.
Fine but could we get the straight talk express back on the tracks and attempt to walk the walk and talk the truth?
I wish instead of attacking Obama's past (John has a few skeleton's in his closet too so it could backfire)
I'd like answers to real questions:
Education. What about the outsourcing our jobs, unemployment, privatizing social security...
How do each of you plan to help create more jobs; deal with Wall Street, deal with the credit crisis on Main Street,
help people survive health care bills... which is another cause of people losing their homes not just bad mortgage loans.
The economy is too important to gloss over.
The wars in Irag and Afganistan and agressive stances on Pakistan, Iran and even Russia, what's up there? Details.
Something I want to know "are we talking a draft in the near future?"
Let's be honest about Roe vs Wade and general interpretation of the constitution. Legality of wiretapping, Torture of prisoners that conflicts with the Geneva Convention, What direction does this country go in to the global future?
Are we the police of the world or not?
Why will deregulation of the health insurance industry help people?
How will this bail out really help Main Street? Give me a few actual ways... Please. And where does this money really come from? And what about our ever growing at an alarming rate most outrageous deficit and our indebtedness to China et al?

I'm so sick of candidates avoiding answering the important questions. Our future depends on it. We approach the tipping point. Will we remain the one people look to in the world, will we even maintain our own standard of living into this uncertain future. Don't just tell us "Americans are a hardy bunch we'll get through anything" Tell us how we might do that!
Stop the Joe six pack shit. Hockey moms are just that, moms. You don't get a gold star for being a mom or dad.
What are you people Dems/Repubs going to do to not let this country tank as a country?

Tomorrow we'll get new information on the election I'm sure, and then there's the debate on Tuesday night.
I for one can't wait and I hope we get some of those answers, not sure at all we will, but I have a dream...

G'night
Get some sleep everybody!

Laura


*

No comments: