Friday, October 17, 2008

Eighteen days to E-Day... or starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

*

To be honest, right now I'm cutting up 12 cups of onion, celery and carrots
to put in my huge pot of homemade chicken soup (for the soul)...
Then I have chicken to cut and noodles to cook.
I'll be done in a couple of hours or so.

Why do I make my own soups?
One because I can make a huge pot for the family at once that lasts for a while.
Two because it's a whole lot cheaper than the canned stuff and tastes great and is better for you.
But mostly it's because my son says that he likes it better than the canned stuff.
Gotta love him.

So I'll be back later... I promise.

******
Back... House smells like yummy simmering soup. Mmmm.

Today I feel bad for old "Joe the Plumber" only because if he hadn't gotten caught on camera (and there are lots of theories on why he was) he wouldn't be under all this scrutiny. People fighting and name calling all over the comments pages about Joe and the fairness or unfairness of it all.
Repubs howling that the dems and the media are being unfair and it's because of his "gotcha" Obama question and the liberal media trying to create a scene...
Well, let's see. A lot of discrepancy in what Joe (or Sam as the case may be) told to Obama, which to Obama's credit he stayed to try to discuss the question he was asked. I feel a little bit sorry about the attention (some rather negative) that Joe's getting but it's no less than any of us would get in the same instance. Maybe he'll write a book later on...

What it does illustrate to me is that it's a national epidemic to not exactly tell the truth anymore. That's the sad part.
If it was an honest straightforward question this whole thing wouldn't have happened would it "Joe?"
Wonder if he wishes he framed the question a bit differently about now?

As I said before I taught my kids to tell the truth, because then you don't have to worry about a "Joe the Plumber" moment.
I said a lie is a lie and the truth is the truth. Silly me trying to pass on family values... what was I thinking?

******
Acorn isn't a huge deal really. And they benefit both candidates anyway.
(McCain failed to mention he was a speaker at an ACORN sponsored event in "06)

What is a big deal is the way it's being set up to challenge the election results.
We should be worrying about the real possibility of actual voter fraud.
Voter registration fraud isn't the same thing... If Mickey Mouse gets registered he'd have to be able to vote for it to matter.

The computer voting units can be a problem and with a large amount of them there's no paper trail.
PBS and You Tube are partnered for video your vote to document problems people have at the polls across the US.
I don't see how they could steal this election, but honestly it does make me rather nervous.

Gonna go to bed shortly ) It's 2am now and I have things I have to do tomorrow.
So I'm putting the politics to bed for tonight now.

Tina Fey was on Letterman tonight and she was fun to listen to.
I hear Sarah Palin will be on SNL (no real secret) tomorrow night. I'll have to catch it.
Haven't watched a whole SNL show in a long time, though I do watch the "Weekend Update" segment if I remember to
and can catch it during the show or online.

G'night all,
Feeling good about the election drawing nearer and nearer finally!

Laura


*

No comments: