Sunday, October 12, 2008

Twenty-three days to E-Day... (Over twenty days too many)

*

Round and round and round we go
Where we stop, nobody knows...

This presidential campaign is so incredible.
Obama person says this, McCain person says that...
Back and forth, forth and back.

If Obama has associated with a past terrorist, Palin has associated recently.
Hate, hate, hate. Blame, blame, blame.
Fear mongering. Taking advantage of people when the chips are down.
Everyone is worried about the economy just like we were worried after 9-11.
It's so disgusting to listen to all this mudslinging.

I have no faith that in the next twenty-something days we'll hear anything close to the truth anymore.
Obama, Biden, and McCain don't bother me all that much, not that I like them all the same but...
Palin does bother me.
As she was in the beginning she remains a polarizing factor who deliberately uses fear, sarcasm, and anger to rile folks up.

Now she's gone after the Roe vs Wade issue. Which is fine, but it's the way she does it that bothers me.

And who told her to go to Philly to "start" a hocky game anyway. Many people advised her against it.
So she went anyway which is her right, I have no problem with that.
She got booed, she got cheered, who the hell cares? Not unusual at all.
But I do have a problem with her knowing that reaction was a very likely possibility and still she brought out her young daughters. I wish she would stop trooping her children out with her when she knows she's a controversial figure (especially in Philly)
I would never march my children out into that atmosphere, but then I'm not Sarah Palin and never could be.

I could go on tonight about Ayers, Lewis, Troopergate, GOP anger at rallies, Wasilla Bible Church, Keating Five...
Does anyone trust any politician anymore and why exactly should we?
Perhaps the politicians should earn our trust instead of vilifying each other and everyone else.
Negativity breeds contempt. Unfortunately the negativity doesn't have to be based in truth.
And contempt can turn nasty and dangerous.

So stop with the nonsense and stick to the real issues.
Most of us didn't care about Bill Clinton's um, affair either... Enough.
I'm not sure we can emotionally stand over twenty more days of this, I'm not sure how I'm going to.

Issues. Differences. Intelligence.
People are saying "Show me the money" and "Follow the money trail"
They're not interested in playing "Six degrees to shady associates" at this point.

If this next debate isn't helpful for the undecided/independent voters then the hell with it.
Can we just get on with the voting thing so that this country doesn't hemorrhage what good will we have left?

And here's the thing. lately I've heard on tv, online, and read sarcastic references to... east coasters as something bad and elite.
Wow, I've never thought of myself as an elitist, this is news to me.
When did liberal become a dirty word? When did prejudice become a good thing?
And when did someone trained in Social Work become an east coast #@%$ liberal elitist?
Really?
Wow.

Stupid me for wanting to have faith in people and treat them all equally as valuable citizens.

You betcha I'm mad at this morning, noon and night political pissing contest.

That annoying twacking sound you're hearing
Is the sound of my head hitting the table in complete frustration.

G'night
Going to watch a dvd and pretend we vote tomorrow.

*

No comments: