Saturday, October 18, 2008

Seventeen days to E-Day... I'm really sick of this presidential pissing contest.

*

I'm sorry but I'm very upset with the McCain/Palin Campaign.
They have crossed the line now into deceptive unrepentant sleeze.

These Robo calls going out to people in the swing states is a point in fact.
Text:
Obama "has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home and killed Americans. And democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his democratic allies lack the judgment to lead our country."
The charge is misleading: The bombings, which took place more than 35 years ago, didn't result in fatalities and the group didn't claim responsibility for the attack on the judge's home. Obama was 8 years old at the time.

These three terms were associated today with being liberal:

Liberal: extremist far-left philosophy: anti-American agenda
Calling the liberals in congress anti-American and extremist stating they should be investigated into.

If you disagree with McCain/Palin, you are apparently anti American, unpatriotic, extreme leftist, and liberal?
Where the hell is this sentiment coming from?

Pitting people against each other, calling people that disagree "evil" and unpatriotic.
Pushing forth an agenda of fear and hatred.
So now you find people that hate America teaching on college campuses?
Does that mean that the higher education system now suspect too?
Hatred and fear does nothing to unify: it divides and sows the seeds of dangerous thoughts or actions in the name of being on the "right" side.

I ask you Senator John McCain, POW, Maverick, Leader of the Straight talk Express: Is this where you really want to go?
Is this your philosophy of facing crisis in America? To spread fear and hatred? To discredit, smear, demean while smiling?

Palin stated "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, DC. We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, Pro-America areas of this great nation."

So does this mean there are unpatriotic, anti-American, areas of this great nation?

I'm afraid that we're starting to veer off into McCarthyism... and this should be very troublesome to all Americans.
Never, never again.
Never!

Do you doubt that I love my country? How outrageous, how unbelievable to me as a US citizen.

Today is the deciding day for me... I wouldn't have voted for McCain after his choosing Palin but that was just my opinion.
But now, no, I'm sorry this is becoming a dangerous presidential pissing contest.
Where has John McCain's conscience gone to?
Does McCain want the presidency so bad that he is willing to do and say anything?
I don't have a problem with negative ads that are within reason but this is getting ridiculous and alarming.
I'm hoping that Obama doesn't now cross over that line from negative to harmful also.

This country is heading into economic disaster, spread thin in two wars that we aren't even close to winning, people are losing jobs (and health insurance), losing their homes, their retirement money, college money and their faith in the government and each other... And you want to go down this road. Shame on you, I once respected you as a great man.

I was thinking that SNL would be worth watching tonight if Palin did a guest spot, but right now I'm really discouraged, maybe by 11:30 I'll feel like watching it. I doubt it though. It'll be all over tomorrow anyway.

This is one of my favorite quotes:

"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."

John F. Kennedy


G'night
I've said all I feel like saying.

Laura

*

No comments: