Friday, October 24, 2008

Eleven Days to E-Day... the economy is cratering?

*

Well got up to the news that the Asian markets are down.
The past few days our stock market has dropped more.
Has it bottomed out yet?
Third quarter home foreclosure notices were around 750,000...
Now they say as long as this mortgage crisis is happening on Main Street it will effect Wall Street.
Yes, let's compare the obscene profits these corporations made at everyone's expense to the people who are loosing their homes which in many instances is all they have left.

Still say if we we're going to use government tax money (we don't even actually have) to bail out Wall Street
We should have had far more control of the money... where exactly it went and what it was spent on.
There should be no question of parachute caps, parties for any reason, layoffs at the lower levels... all should be overseen.
Where's the crack team of business men, government advisors and where's the accountability and oversight?
We get Paulson, such a joke, except the joke's on us isn't it?
Yes, let's blame all those home buyers in trouble that's so helpful in the scope of fixing this disaster.

ABC's Good Morning America was asking this morning-
Should the CEO's responsible for this mess say they are "sorry" and "apologize" to the American people? Great.
Yea, on the hot seat in congress we saw Greenspan say "I made a mistake." Somehow he didn't see it coming, and he doesn't understand what happened. Some expert. Are we stupid or what? Who should we put our faith in at this point?
No apology? GMA blames it on lawyers... I don't care. Forget apologies, FIRE THEM, every one of them. Replace the boards.
Goodbye Good morning America. I turned off the tv.
Who the hell cares if they apologize? I'm more interested in indictments.
They'll come later on if at all, after they've had time to protect their ill gotten gains. Fantastic.
So later on down the road some of them might be punished in some way... I don't suppose it would be PRISON?

It will be so sad to see their wealthy families tossed out in the street like... no wait that won't happen I'm sure.
Yup, everybody cares about Main Street.
I know I'm feeling real secure.

I'd like them to be fired, without any compensation and without their fancy pension plans.
It's pure unadulterated bullshit, plain and simple.
Why? Because if you or I screwed up so badly in our own businesses we'd be history.
No bailout at all, do not pass Go, do not collect $200 dollars. Just go and don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.
The failing corps should have fired their CEO's and people responsible for the mess, to be replaced by accountants and management that weren't knee deep in the bullshit they created with their own greed.
But no, what do we do? We give the cat that has previously repeatedly tried to eat the canary --control over the canary.
Sounds like a pathetic but real life version of the Sylvester the cat and tweety bird cartoons-
Except it really is happening, and we're the ones left watching the whole thing with no say in the complete fantasy.

Remember what the congress of the USA almost impeached Bill Clinton over?
And many people thought that was such a kangaroo court... this is unbelievable.
The important things that have happened since then like a war based on "oops" but it doesn't matter.
No accountability. Questions met with charges of being "Unpatriotic."
More of the same Bush tactics... (sound's a bit like McCain's strategy of calling everyone else unpatriotic).

And by the way after I would have gotten fired or my business would have died a horrible death... I would only have one rather messy modest modular house to sell. Not multiple homes, boats, cars and all that other stuff to auction off.
And indeed it would be auctioned off to pay the bills.
I'd probably have to let my cook, housecleaner, nanny and gardener go too.
Yea. I wished I had a babysitter many times when my kids were young. I stayed home to save us money.

Can't believe that there would be so much to talk about every day... our elections have gotten into the realm of the absurd.
Often things are different from morning to night. Hard to be much more than discouraged with the whole political machine.
Auto industry lay offs coming. Happy holidays everyone. Go out and buy stuff, it feels good, right?

I wish both candidates would be straight talkers, especially the "mavericky" McCain ticket.
And realize the pain out here in the real world they keep telling us they are in too, well, at least they understand us, um, right?
Yea, I'm feeling great, how about you?

See you later.

Laura

*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's going to get worse. I work for a Realtor in Chicago and she's laying me off at the end of the month. The housing market is always slow in the winter but not like this. We are seeing homes just sit on the market even after dropping and dropping the price. Interesting stuff going on. No one is buying anything. One reason why I support Obama: I think he actually gets it.

-mg

http://marcydrivel.blogspot.com
http://cookingrut.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

"Why? Because if you or I screwed up so badly in our own businesses we'd be history.
No bailout at all, do not pass Go, do not collect $200 dollars. Just go and don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. "



You have no idea how many times these exact same words have come out of my mouth. Its sickening, isnt it?


-carissa.
http://carissamiranda.blogspot.com/