Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Obama show... or five days till E-Day... yay!

*

So tonight Barack Obama had his half hour of fame...
Added onto all those other hours of fame, that is.
Actually it was pretty good. Very human.
But there will be howling about it I'm sure.
Who cares. Most folk have their minds made up, lets just vote!
So much hate is out there, so much fear mongering.
Obama is a good man.
McCain is also a good man.
Though I think ole John is running a much more negative campaign.
It may be time to change from the old politics of divisiveness and fear-
to move into the future.

I see complaints about his not addressing the budget limitations that will strap either candidate that gets in office.
Well, they both are a little delusional folks... all politicians are.
McCain is very nasty about universal health care but we do need it in some form.
Even if Barack doesn't get to do all the things he wants to (and none of them do) he will try and frankly anything that benefits the working class, small business owners and the little guy will be an improvement in this government.
I've carefully gone over both candidates

I don't believe that McCain gets it, I'm sorry. He lives in a wealthy world where the rest of us do not.
He has lived in that world of extravagance for a very long time.
Once a while ago he was a POW, a maverick, a straight talker.
I feel he has lost his way.
Both sides can point fingers at each other but it wastes so much time and energy.
Both men are decent American citizens.
Palin is not ready at this juncture in time to take on the presidency.
We had enough inexperience with George Bush, enough fuzzy thinking, he had some political experience but no real education, no curiosity for knowledge and the criteria for voting for him seemed to be "I'd like to have a beer with him, he's like me."

Forget it. I don't want a president that I could slug down beer with and bullshit about nothing. I can go down to the local watering holes and listen to lots of people solving all the world problems from a bar stool. I'd rather find someone really smart that is far more experienced in the way of the government than me, who would gather together all the best and most intelligent problem solvers in our country to help run the United States of America and lead us into the future.
And hope to hell that they are way too busy working (unlike Bush) to have time for socializing with me.
Hell, I don't even have to like them enough to want to sit down and talk to them... I just want them to look out for our interests within the country and elsewhere in the world.

I worry about all the fear, blame and hatred out there right now.
Against so many people like- foreigners, liberals, right wingers, muslims, blacks, hispanics, jews, poor people, homosexuals, lesbians... the list goes on and only leaves a few groups out.

Barack Obama is a good man, he and his wife have worked from rather humble beginnings to get the education and opportunity they now have. They have an adorable family. They are strong and good people.
I would be proud to have them represent me if Obama wins.

Off for now. Some writing to catch up on.
I have ordered a camera and will play with some videos next week.
Might be back later on.

Laura

*

No comments: