Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Political rainy day blues... or Seven days till E-Day!!!

*

I can't believe that there's only 7 days until this crazy election is finally over!
It seems like it's been forever and a day or two.

Stock market went up today again don't know what that means exactly. But at least it's not bad news right?

Waiting for the tied World Series Game to resume tomorrow night. Canceled again today. Really crummy, windy, cold, rainy day here on Long Island. So tomorrow they'll finish the game and Barack Obama will speak. Should be an interesting evening.

I keep hearing that people think Palin will run in 2012 on the republican ticket. What do you think? I can't see her disappearing since she's gotten so much attention. However, I see her as more of a conservative talk show host or something of that type. She's ambitious so I'm sure we'll see more of her. I can't see her as president and I imagine it would split the republicans into two groups in the next election. Which might not really be a bad thing. Our two party system often doesn't give us much of a choice. I often find I"m voting against one candidate, not voting for one I really truly like.
Maybe everyone feels that way I don't know. It's not that clear cut to me. We could use more choices I think.

And do away with the electoral college: Every other seat is by popular vote. If my vote is to truly count it can't be lost in the electoral college. Both sides lose or gain votes depending on the way the state goes as a whole. Ridiculous. That means a whole lot of votes cast don't go where the voter wanted them to go.
__________________

I'm a bit of a music fanatic and I've read Rolling Stone since the first issue in 1967.
It's been through many changes over the years from a newspaper to oversized color magazine to what apparently is it's latest incarnation: a regular old conventional magazine format (which I despise). It has also gone from mostly music, to politics and music to popular culture, music, and politics in different combinations. I guess I'll keep my subscription, but these days it's more out of an odd devotion to a long standing but possibly no longer necessary relationship. I don't rely on my music info solely on Rolling Stone, I often pick up other magazines or go online to search for information on less known bands. That's because although the magazine has gotten a bit better in coverage of new bands, they often don't cover cutting edge well enough. I like finding new music, and I do sometimes agree that RS likes to favor classic and established bands more.
I see Rolling Stone more as an old friend. We keep in touch out of loyalty but can't see each other too often anymore.

This is a short post because I have some photos I need to work on tonight.
Still bummed about my stolen wallet yesterday.

G'night for now,
Back later.

Laura

*

No comments: